Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Lunch Box

I've been having trouble lately with making fresh ideas for my kids Lunch box. I often wonder how with all my ideas for dishes, I can't think of proper lunch box dishes. I bet, any Master Chef would think this is a tall order. I don't think it has something to do with the taste at all. I mean, I know that you can try to please kids with the usual sweets or savoury dishes. But I guess that is precisely the problem. The food has to be appealing to the kids. If the food doesn't have much flavor or the kids won't like it; it will definitely end up in the bin.
One other problem that I face everyday is how to make the food nutritious. I can't just serve them hot dogs everyday. I'd probably have malnourished kids if I did that. The food has to have nutritional value. For some parents, it has to be a well balance lunch. That's is another problem that I would have to overcome. One of my kids doesn't like to vegetables too often.
Anyways, the lunch box is still a constant challenge for me. I try very hard to keep it exciting for the kids. It's good thing so far that they seem to finish their lunches.

No comments: