Sunday, September 20, 2009

My First Cake


Like I said before, I would definitely end up baking my first ever cake. So I did, but this time with a little help from my wife's Russian friend. She gave us this idea for a simple Carrot Cake. The recipe was indeed simple, and only required a few ingredients, but being the creative chef as I am, I decided to do my own twist. Finally, I had my very first cake.
I called it moist carrot cake. Actually, it was very moist.
I used the following ingredients:
Grated Carrots - preferably organic. This is what our friend recommended.

2 Eggs - preferably grain fed. This is what our friend recommended.

About 250 grams of butter. Our friend recommended plain vegetable oil.

Flour - about 2 cups. Of course, I used organic as well.

One cup of milk. Any variety will do. Full cream will give the best results.

2 teaspoons of baking powder to give the cake a lift.

Do the following steps:
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.

I then blitz all the ingredients together (except for the carrots) in the food processor.

I then pour the batter onto a mixing bowl, and add the grated carrots.

I then lined a bread pan with baking paper, and poured the ingredients into it.

Place the pan in the middle of the oven, and lower the heat to 180 degrees C.

Cook the cake for about 20-25 minutes.

There you have it, my very first cake; and it's a healthy one.

No comments: